The Good Newsletter
Pastor Lisa's Letter May 2018
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit…
Who is the Holy Spirit? As Christians, we’ve all been taught that there are three parts to the Trinity: God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. We’ve also been taught that the Holy Spirit is the part of God who lives within each of us.
What exactly does that mean? What does it mean that the Holy Spirit is alive in you? How does the Holy Spirit work in your life?
I invite you to pause for a moment, as Pentecost approaches, to think about your beliefs about your Holy Spirit.
· Does your Holy Spirit speak to you through your feelings or thoughts?
· Does your Holy Spirit nudge you at just the right moment?
· Does your Holy Spirit help you distinguish between right and wrong?
· Does your Holy Spirit urge you to reach out to those in need?
· Does your Holy Spirit give you courage to stand up for justice?
For many of us, our beliefs about our Holy Spirit are complicated by the negative beliefs we hold about ourselves. If you don’t believe that you are worthy of having God within you in the first place, it will be very hard for you to believe that your Holy Spirit is guiding you as you live your life. You may need to start by challenging the beliefs you have about who you are.
Our beliefs about how our Holy Spirit works within us can affect how our Holy Spirit works within us. Beliefs impact actions. That’s why it’s so important to take stock of our beliefs periodically.
May Your Holy Spirit Soar with You!
Rev. Lisa Maddox
You can print our monthly newsletter by clicking on the link below!